Model: Squier Stratocaster, FMT – Crimson Red Transparent
Music genre / Additional gear
A standard well known name for a budget guitar often purchased by those starting out on the electric guitar. It’s sound is designed to appeal to a larger group of guitar players, those who want to play pop or commercial music. It a great guitar to use for some bluesy tones, achieved with an Blackstar ID30 30W Programmable 1X12 Combo with built-in Effects, very useful for beginners, who cannot afford additional effects.
When choosing a new guitar pay attention to these following features:
- Body: This model has a Agathis with Flame Maple Top body with a Gloss Polyurethane finish.
- Neck: The classic Fender neck made from maple and rosewood fingerboard. The fret size is medium jumbo with 22 frets and Pearloid dots.
- Tuning system: The tuning system is the same as the previous models. We used for tuning this guitar the Korg TM50BK Instrument Tuner and Metronome, it’ s pretty cheap and it does the job well.
- Pick-ups: The standard SSS format with Standard Single-Coil Strat Pick-ups. Alnico single-coil pickups provide plenty of punch.
- Control knobs: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup). The volume knob is very well placed and easy to use.
- Pick-up selector: The classic five position blade.
- Output jack: The jack is the same.
The Squier Standard Stratocaster is a great playing guitar with a traditional vibe and modern feel. The 22-fret fingerboard and a slimmer neck make for easier playing and choke-free bends. Just like the Fender Stratocaster Standard Model the 22 frets are not enough for the solo parts, when playing some heavier stuff.
This Standard Stratocaster, FMT, Rosewood Fingerboard, Crimson Red Transparent is an elegant alternative to the more expensive Fender Model.
Feel free to rate this guitar or leave a comment below.