Model: PRS 30th Anniversary Floyd Custom 24 – Santana Yellow
Music genre / Additional gear
We borrowed this PRS guitar from a close friend, a couple of weeks ago, as we were really curious to try it out. All in all, we were pleasantly surprised by the versatility of this guitar, it plays great and it also looks really good. It’s an excellent guitar for playing hard rock and some heavy metal too. We tried some AC/DC riffs and it sounds amazing. As additional gear we used a Peavey Classic 30 112Guitar Combo Amplifier for that classic hard rock sound.
When choosing a new guitar pay attention to these following features:
- Body: It comes with a Beveled Maple Top with Quilted Maple Veneer and a Mahogany Back.
- Neck: It has a maple neck, with Rosewood fretboard and a Wide Thin Neck Shape.
- Tuning system: This guitar has the PRS-Designed Tuners with a Floyd Rose 1000 series Tremolo.
- Pick-ups: The pick-ups are personally designed by Paul Reed Smith in conjunction with the new 85/15 pickups for PRS’s 30th Anniversary year, with remarkable clarity and extended high and low and perfect for more modern applications.
- Control knobs: It has Volume and Push/Pull Tone Control which makes changing sounds really quick.
- Pick-up selector: It features the 3-way Blade Pick-up switch
- Output jack: The jack is firm and steady.
The neck is wide and thin, very comfortable, it has a deep cut heel, for reaching the upper frets with ease. The tremolo system makes its job good and after playing some high bends the guitar still stayed in tune. It seems to be really well set from the factory so we’ve made just some small adjustments to it.
The PRS 30th Anniversary Custom 24, is a special guitar that comes with classical bird inlays, which give it a beautiful aesthetic. This particular model is in the Santana Yellow finish, a colour really hard to find in other guitar brands.
Feel free to rate this guitar or leave a comment below.