Model: Peavey Session Series – Tobacco Burst
Music genre / Additional gear
This Peavey model is suited for a lot of different kinds of music genres. This guitar is very good for hard rock and heavy metal, although it is able to deliver quite a good sound in other music styles. Its chambered Basswood Body gives a good resonance to the clean and crunch parts, while delivering an ample sustain for the overdrive. For the lead we used the Neck pick-up because it has a really smooth tone in the high register. The Bridge pick-up has a brilliant sound, great for riffing. We played this Peavey Session model with a Marshall DSL 40C 40 Watt Combo and some additional pedals like the Ibanez ES2 Echo Shifter Analog Delay Pedal and the Dunlop M68 Uni-Vibe Chorus/Vibrato.
When choosing a new guitar pay attention to these following features:
- Body: This guitar has a chambered Basswood Body.
- Neck: It has a Bolt-on Canadian rock maple neck, with sculpted five bolt attachment. It also has a Rosewood fingerboard with special compound radius.
- Tuning system: The guitar has stable post designed die cast machine heads and string-through-body bridge with stainless steel saddle, nickel plated.
- Pick-ups: Two premium Peavey USA design Alnico pickups, coil tapped.
- Control knobs: Recessed Volume & Tone controls with push/pull coil tap function.
- Pick-up selector: Recessed 3 way pickup selector switch.
- Output jack: The placement of the jack is on the guitar body side, and it firmly holds the cable in place.
For those not used with a Basswood Body guitar, this Peavey model might seem a rather heavy one. The factory setup was fine, and after we did the 12th fret harmonic test the intonation was perfect. The action was ok for our taste, so we didn’t have to make any adjustments to it. This guitar has an amazing neck profile, which we find very comfortable. The Peavey’s special compound radius allows deep bending in upper register and it delivers a “vintage” feel in the lower register. This Peavey Session Series, is one of the best built guitars this brand can offer.
This Peavey Session Series has a Tobacco Burst finish, which catches your eye almost instantly. However, this model comes with other finishes, so feel free to check them out, if you think you’d prefer a different colour.
Wear your instrument with timeless style with these vintage-inspired 2” straps. Classic jacquard ribbon is sewn over durable nylon webbing to create a strap that is comfortable to wear for long playing sessions and securely holds your instrument.
Feel free to rate this guitar or leave a comment below.
Peavey Session Series – Tobacco Burst