Model: Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special
Music genre / Additional gear
Although the Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special is mainly suited for alternative rock, this is an extremely versatile guitar. The clean channel sounds awesome. It can handle some heavier stuff but you need some additional pedals. We used it with an Orange TH30C 30W 1X12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp and the following analog pedals: Moog MF Delay Minifooger and Digi TechCR-7 HardWire Stereo Chorus.
When choosing a new guitar pay attention to these following features:
- Body: It has an Alder body with a polyester natural finish.
- Neck: A Maple neck, with a Rosewood fingerboard and Pearloid Dot inlays.
- Tuning system: It features the vintage-style Tuning Machines with the Adjusto-Matic Bridge with Vintage Style “Floating” Tremolo Tailpiece and Tremolo Lock Button. This really helps the guitar to stay in tune no matter what.
- Pick-ups: The SS configuration with two Special Design Hot Single-Coil Jaguar.
- Control knobs: Lead Circuit: Volume, Tone. Rhythm Circuit: Volume, Tone.
- Pick-up selector: It has 2 On/Off Slide Switches, one for each pick-up.
- Output jack: The classic Fender Jaguar, output jack.
The 22 fret neck, is very comfortable, its new neck pocket cut providing a better pitch. Although when we started playing it we weren’ t very happy with the setup, it was easy to adjust it. After adjusting the action and the intonation the result was satisfying.
This particular Fender model was made famous by Kurt Cobain in his and Nirvana’s glory days. In our opinion this Fender Jaguar will always be linked to Nirvana and Cobain. It has a very particular 3-Color Sunburst finish, which gives it a really astonishing look.
Feel free to rate this guitar or leave a comment below.